This program is designed to HELP Intermediate level students decide which language proficiency test is best suited to meet their specific goals.
Students are informed on the various proficiency test options available to them:
|IELTS ACADEMIC MODULE||IELTS GENERAL TRAINING||CAEL|
During the program students will:
- review the structures and complete practice exams of the various proficiency tests
- determine with their instructor which proficiency test is best suited for their specific goals
- be informed of the registration requirements, available test locations and costs
- be coached through a simulated exam experience
- be advised of non-acceptable behaviour which could lead to disqualification and a forfeit of results or payment
- learn the necessary techniques of their chosen test to improve their: speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- become familiarized with various accents
- be provided with feedback, personal learning plans and targets to become stronger in weaker areas
Program Duration: Both HELP programs, full-time or part-time, are 4 weeks in duration. Students are required to complete a placement test upon arrival to determine their English language proficiency.
Classes are held daily, Monday to Friday between the hours of 9:00am and 9:00pm for a total of 25 or 15 hours of teacher-led instruction per week. Refer to our sample standard Class Schedule.
Classes commence on Mondays unless Monday is a holiday. If Monday is a holiday classes will commence on Tuesday. For program start dates and applicable program fees, please refer to: Start Dates/Holidays and Fee Information
|HELP PROGRAM||DURATION||ENTRY REQUIREMENT
|FULL-TIME (25 HOURS/PER WEEK)||4 WEEKS||4.0 – 6.0||WEEKLY|
|PART-TIME (15 HOURS/PER WEEK)||4 WEEKS||4.0 – 6.0||WEEKLY|
If you are unsure of which proficiency test you should take and/or have never experienced the rigors of a proficiency test, the HELP program is designed for you.